Sunday 18th February
A Creche (for babies and pre-school children) is available in the Samuel Boyd Hall during the Morning Service and children (P1 to P6) are welcome in Children’s Church.
11.30 am: Communion Service: Rev Stephen Johnston: “Settling for Less” Judges 1—2 v 5
5:45 pm: Youth Fellowship
6:30 pm: Prayer Time
7:00 pm: Rev Stephen Johnston: “From One Revelation to Another Revelation” Psalm 19
- Missionary Support Fund will be received today
Monday 19th February
* No Anchor Boys today
* Explorers: 5.45 pm — 7.00 pm
* GB Company Section @ 7.00 pm
* BB Company Section @7.15 pm
Tuesday 20th February
* Mums’ Nite In: 7.30 pm
* Bowling Fellowship @7.30 pm
Wednesday 21st February
* BB Junior Section: 7.00 pm — 8.30 pm
Thursday 22nd February
* Midweek Meeting @8.00 pm: Mr Stephen Hamilton (CEF)
Friday 23rd February
* United Prayer Time @7.00 am in Mourne Presbyterian Church Hall
* Youth Club (for Y5 upwards) – 7.00 pm — 9.00 pm
* Bowling Fellowship @7.30 pm
Saturday 24th February
* Elders Prayer Time @ 6.30 p.m.
Sunday 25th February
* 10.15 am: Sunday School
* 11.30 am: Rev Stephen Johnston
* 5:45 pm: Youth Fellowship
* 6:30 pm: Prayer Time
* 7:00 pm: Rev Stephen Johnston
MEN’S GO-KARTING—Saturday 24th February at 7.45 pm in Newry Formula Karting or meet at Church at 7.00 pm. ALL men 16+ welcome. Cost £35. List in porch and see Chris Wallace or Dave McIlveen for more information.
CHILD PROTECTION TRAINING—If there are any current Leaders/Helpers who have not undergone Child Protection Training within the last 3 years they need to attend Refresher Training. The next Refresher Training will be held on Monday 26th February in Mourne Presbyterian Church from 7.30 pm — 9.30 pm. Please let Sandra Wilkins know if you plan to attend so that she can book a place for you (Tel. 417 63139).
PRESBYTERY MARRIAGE CLASSES—These will be held on Saturdays 3rd and 10th March. Couples who have received invitations, and have not yet replied, are asked to reply over the next week.
PW ANNUAL DINNER—Thursday 8th March at 7.30 pm. Cost—£15.50 Special Guest: Rosemary Law from Seaview. If you would like to go please sign the sheet in the vestibule indicating menu choice. It would be appreciated if you could have your payment with Irene Williamson or a committee member on or before Sunday 4th March. All ladies welcome. Any queries contact Marian—41764579.
CEF are organising a young adults meal and social in Christ Church Hall, Kilkeel, on Saturday 10th March. Tickets are available from David Crutchley, call 07882739628. Age range 18-35.
PCI OUTREACH TEAMS– These teams provide a wonderful opportunity for young people aged 16 and over to get involved in serving outside of their normal context, gain valuable experience in personal evangelism and grow in their own walk with Jesus. In 2018, PCI will send out 10 Summer Outreach teams working with children, teens, adults and in the community, you can be part of showing and sharing the good news of Jesus with a needy world. For more information check the presbyterianireland.org website. Closing date for applications is 23rd March 2018.
FLOWER LIST for 2018 is available in the porch. If you could provide flowers for any Sunday please sign.
BOOK OFFER—”Martin Luther 500” (Papers marking the 500th anniversary of the Reformation) – this book (priced £5.00) contains eight addresses given mostly by faculty members of Union Theological College. If you are interested in getting a copy, please sign the sheet in the porch.
Community Outreach Team 2018—Dates 14th July to 27th July 2018. This is an opportunity to serve in two local communities in the Kilkeel area (Kitty’s Road and Atticall). Our goal is to build purposeful relationships with both communities and share the love of our Saviour. Opportunities to be involved in kids clubs, coffee mornings, sports, arts and crafts, fun days, teaching, praise and more! If interested please contact Dave McIlveen—phone 07739863585—Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applying is 7th April. You must be 14 or older to apply. We would love your HELP in:
- Being part of the team—young people and adults are encouraged to apply
- Cooking a meal for the team or providing help in the kitchen
18th Feb: Valerie Barber, Jennifer Watterson, Anne Hanna
25th Feb: Tanya McCullough, Andrea Irvine, Rachel Hutchinson
4th Mar: Gloria Boyd, Shirley Norris, Rachel Graham
DATES FOR DIARY
* Friday 23rd February: Irish Men’s Convention - 6 Tickets have been purchased. If you signed the sheet for a ticket please speak to the minister after Morning Service.
* Monday 5th March: Meeting of Elders @8.00 pm.
* Tuesday 6th March: Presbytery Rally @8.00 p.m. in Downshire Rd, Newry. Speaker: Mr Ricky Ferguson—Wycliffe Bible Translators
* Sunday 11th March: Sunday School Teachers Meeting @3.00 pm.
* Monday 12th March: GB Parents Night: 7.00 pm — 9.00 pm
* Saturday 24th March: BB Display @7.30 pm