“Christianity without discipleship is always Christianity without Christ.” (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
Time to discover the secret of Christian contentment…
Discipleship Explored is an eight week journey into Paul’s letter to the Philippians. It follows a similar format to Christianity Explored and is designed for Christians who want to find out what it really means to follow Jesus Christ & desire to make the most of their Christian lives.
There is an emphasis in the course on the need to live out our faith. ‘Our salvation should display itself outwardly: it should have a visible effect on our lives’ (Session 4: Transformed in Christ).
We hope to run this course each year for everyone who is interested.
The topics covered are as follows:
- Week 1 Confident in Christ (1:1-11)
- Week 2 Living in Christ (1:12-26)
- Week 3 Standing together in Christ (1:27 – 2:11)
- Week 4 Transformed by Christ (2:12-30)
- Week 5 Righteous in Christ (3:1-9)
- Week 6 Knowing Christ (3:10 – 4:1)
- Week 7 Rejoicing in Christ (4:2-9)
- Week 8 Content in Christ (4:10-23)